Q1 – What is (or was) your favorite reading spot?
Let’s do a little time traveling. As a child or teen, what kind of reader were you? Were you the kid who …
- read with a flashlight under the covers?
- made a tent so you could read your comics alone?
- took your books out to the hammock or climbed a tree?
- found a secret corner in the library?
- told your mom you were reading but were really just looking at the pictures?
Skipping the words is okay, too! Pictures usually have a lot to say.
I have great memories of staying up late trying to read and finding spots in the library (that I was SURE no one else had discovered), but my favorite memories are taking books into the “cave” on the side of my grandmother’s house. It was a big bush that you could climb under and it had just enough space for a blanket, some books, and me. Though my brothers would also climb in … but that’s a different story.
Q2 – Have you created a favorite reading spot with your children?
- I have talked about our cocoa picnics a number of times, with the most recent time being last winter.
- On warm days, we would read outside on the patio.
- In the summer, we took books and read in the hammock.
- We read in the school parking lot waiting for the doors to open.