Authors. Once or twice a year, I borrow some space on the blog to talk about the Reading Tub® and our charitable work. As regular readers know, we are a 100% volunteer 501(c)(3). While our work is “free,” the costs of getting reading materials to at-risk readers and underwriting our literacy resources, is not.
Rather than create grand events that benefit just us, we have opted for opportunities that offer a Win-Win to everyone. Our Author Showcase is just that kind of opportunity.
Through our website, blog, and other social media platforms we can help authors of children’s and young adult books increase the discoverability of their work. In return, they can help us get reading material to at-risk readers and their families. Our Author Showcase has three levels of promotion for authors to choose from.
If you have published a book for kids ages 0 to 13, then we’d love the chance to share YOUR story with our registered readers and Web site visitors.
Promoting Children’s Authors
- 120-day Listing in our Current Showcase
- Bio page on our website. Sample:Ruth Sanderson
- Book review on our website. Sample: Blanket (Baby Unplugged series) by Dr. John Hutton
- Links to Bio on the Book Review page sample: John Hutton, MD, author
- One post on the Reading Tub Facebook page
- Two posts on Twitter @thereadingtub – one for your book, one for your interview
- Links to your promotional platforms (e.g., website, blog, Twitter)
- Links to your multimedia content (e.g., book trailer, other interviews)
Shelf Display Promotion Package
- a second unique interview on our blog, Family Bookshelf. Sample: Ruth Sanderson
- Inclusion in our Meet the Authors board on Pinterest
- One post on the Reading Tub Google+ page
- One additional post on Twitter or Facebook (your choice)
- Book review excerpt posted in our GoodReads library OR our LibraryThing shelves
Top Shelf Promotion Package
Our Top Shelf package includes all of the features of the Shelf Starter and Shelf Display packages, and these additional features.
- Lifetime Licensing for both interviews, in writing. This allows you to reprint and use it in all media kits and other promotional material.
- One additional post on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+
- Book review excerpts posted in our GoodReads library AND our LibraryThing shelves
The Top Shelf Promotion Package requires a $450 donation. Our volunteers invest 50 to 65 hours on this package.
Our Showcase packages are for authors and illustrators who want to find a cost-effective way to build a promotional campaign – and “pay it forward” in the process. We encourage you to visit the Reading Tub website and/or send us an email to learn more.