I was doing some family stuff this morning, so I’m just now getting to the office. It was quite a lovely surprise to see that Dawn Little had nominated Scrub-a-Dub-Tub for not one but TWO blog awards at the Literacy Toolbox As regular readers know, I find it very difficult to narrow down favorite spots to just a few people or places. Each of my faves is unique for their own reason, and comparing, contrasting, and winnowing doesn’t work for me. What I will say is that I am honored that Dawn included me in such great company
- Getting Kids Reading
- Great Kid Books
- Moms Inspire Learning
- Jen Robinson’s Book Page
- The Book Chook
- The Reading Zone
- No Time for Flash Cards
- The Children’s Book Review
- Book Club for Boys
- Quirky Momma
- Picture Book of the Day
- There’s a Book
Thanks to Dawn, I’ve made some new acquaintances, too! Although I won’t name a list of favorites, I will offer seven things about me that you may not know …
1. I am the oldest of three children and the only girl.
2. My grandfather built the house I grew up in in Baltimore, MD. (Arbutus if you know the area).
3. When I was in elementary school, I wanted to be the first woman school orchestra teacher …
4. Until I got to 7th grade and had Miss Sauder for English (it was not “language arts” back then). Then I wanted to be an English teacher or a librarian.
5. I never got a high school diploma … but I have a Bachelor’s in English and a Masters in Strategic Intelligence (Can’t tell you. I’d have to kill you).
6. I still want to be a librarian when I grow up.
7. I pinch myself every day for how lucky I am to live where we live and to be part of such a great online community.
Thank you Dawn … and all of you who make chatting, tweeting, thinking about, and reading books so much fun.