Books as Gifts
Like many of you, books are among my favorite gifts – holiday, birthday, thinking of you, just because. Aside from the literacy side of things, books are the gift that shows you thought about someone when you selected it. You picked books as gifts because …
- the title character has the same name.
- you know they like [insert favorite thing here.]
- a place, character or event reminded you of them.
- you loved the story and thought they would, too.
Over the next few weeks, I’ll be spending time looking for those “just right” gifts. Top on the list will be books as gifts, of course, but there are other things, too. [There is an outstanding request for a hamster from a certain 12-year-old, for example.]
And like you, most of my shopping will be done online using the tools offered by Goodsearch.com,
- I’ll shop among the 2,500 retailers on www.Goodshop.com. Merchants offer anywhere from 3% to 15% of purchases to my charity of choice.
- When the schedule gets crazy we’ll dine at a local restaurant in the www.Gooddining.com network.
My charity of choice is the Reading Tub. When I buy books as gifts, the online merchant donation helps the Reading Tub get books to readers in need this holiday.
In the next few weeks there will be tons of requests from fellow bloggers to buy your gifts using their affiliate links. I hope that you will also consider supporting the Reading Tub [(a 501(c)(3) public charity].