It’s #CYBILS Time
Don’t know what the CYBILS is? No worries. You have come to the right place!
The acronym stands for the Children’s and Young Adult Bloggers’ Literary Awards. The process begins in mid-August, when the Call for Judges is announced.
The CYBILS Awards is a community of people who love books for young readers. They read and write about children’s and young adult literature on their blogs, and likely share their love of reading on social media.
- Some readers (like me) become part of the organizing team.
- Some readers – maybe you? – join one of the panels.
- Even MORE readers nominate books (see website for rules) and/or read along with the panelists.
Now that the Call for Judges has been opened, I hope you’ll do three things:
- Visit the CYBILS website and learn more about the Award.
- Consider becoming a judge or panelist in your favorite genre. You’ll find everything you need to know right here.
- Start following Cybils Awards on Facebook and @Cybils on Twitter.
Being on a Cybils panel is lots of fun, but it also takes dedication because you will potentially be reading lots of books. Even if being a panelist isn’t for you, there is one other way to participate: Nominate!
That process begins October 1. So now is a great time to think about some of your favorites of the last year. Books must be published between 16 October 2017 and 15 October 2018. You can use Last Year’s Awards Post for a guide in identifying the nomination categories.