The New Reading Tub website is Live
I have been anticipating this day since August, when I got the first glimpse of what the new site would look like. So without further ado …
Come jump in the new Reading Tub
We’ve changed the look to simplify our presentation and add more dynamic content. I can’t thank Beth of Sites2BeSeen enough for all her hard work. Here’s what’s new:
- Every time you visit the home page, you’ll see a new set of books and a different literacy quote or reading activity.
- We added book covers to the Book Review Index, and added two new index categories: Books for Reluctant Readers and Books for Remedial Readers.
- In our book reviews, we moved the “Reserve at the Library” link to the top of the page.
- Book reviews now describe the audience by recommended age, interest level, and reading level as a way to help parents understand both readability and content (e.g., high/low books).
- We’ve better organized our Links page. Next week I’ll be adding articles to the Learning to Read section.
Like every launch, there are things to tweak (like the Mr. Linky boxes), so if you find something, please let me know. And while you’re here … check out the new and improved Blogroll. I guess you could say it’s been organization week! Now, if I could only group those post categories!
2 responses to “The New Reading Tub website is Live”
I just took a look.
Max Elliot Anderson
Terry, it looks GREAT. And thanks so much for mentioning me on your Learning to Read page. I think that The Reading Tub is a fabulous resource.