For more than four years, W.E. Brown and CBS19 News have been partners in the Giving Back program. Through their amazing generosity, nonprofits like the Reading Tub can be featured in television commercials. So before I say anything else, I want to say …
Thank You, W.E. Brown & CBS 19
And to our first-time visitors … Welcome to the Reading Tub!
I am so glad that our commercial prompted you to learn more about the Reading Tub! Spend as much time exploring as you’d like.
There are lots of things to see and do here in the Tub. The tips below can get you started and help you find what you want to do first!
Find Books and Book Reviews
- Use the search box to look for books by title, author, or topic. Need a book whose main character is named Sam? We can help with that, too.
- Have a Percy Jackson or Magic Treehouse fan looking for their next favorite book? Then check out our list of Read-Alike books.
- Eager to find books with children of color or diverse life experiences? Characters of Inclusion is the list for you.
- Want to hook a reader with books on a subject they love? Then you’ll want our Book Lists by Theme.
- Need a book that is great for teen book clubs? We have a list for that.
Going Beyond Reading
Because there is so much that goes into literacy, we devote lots of space to those activities. Some of them are our favorite ways to sneak in literacy without a book.
- Art and Drawing – Build your own art space (blogs here and here) or try out other resources.
- No Screens Allowed Games and Activities – We have a little Music, some word game ideas, road-trip games, cloud gazing, along with some suggestions on how to use board games!
- Educational Fun and Games – Click here.
Literacy Prep & Reading Support Ideas
In addition to offering curated collections of tips for raising readers, parenting help (from picking books to reading stages), and literacy links for educators, we have plenty of topic-specific resources to answer your questions and help you along your journey to create strong, successful learners.
- 3 Must-Have Literacy Accessories for Your Home
- Q&A: Why Does My Child Struggle with Reading?
- How to Read Aloud with a Child (videos)
- Using Shapes to Help Toddlers and Preschool-Aged Children
- Tutorial: BottleCaps Help with Letter Sounds and Spelling (5-part series)
- Decoding Reading Levels and Reading Jargon
- How to Use and Where to Find Audiobooks and Podcasts
- Ways to Get the Most from Your Library
We are still growing …
The next step for the Reading Tub is to build interactive tools into our Literacy Portal. You need a secure place to save our links, add your own, and ask questions. We want to make it easy for you to do that.
… and have some exciting news!
For the 30 days our ad runs on CBS19, one of the Reading Tub’s donors will MATCH 100% of donations received (up to $1,000!)!
With your help and their matching funds, we could have those new tools in place by the start of the 2019-2020 school year.
[give_goal id=”29449″ show_text=”true” show_bar=”true”]